Resume of Karl Musser
Over 20 years of cartography and GIS experience in urban and resource management applications.
Software: ArcGIS, Idrisi, GRASS, AutoCAD, Access, Excel, Informix, SAS, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Paradigm Systems GIS. 9/02 to present
- 12602 Gladys Retreat Circle. Bowie, MD 20720
Senior GIS Analyst for Natural Resources Conservation Service.
- KEI/KEI Pearson/NCS Pearson. 9/97 to 7/02
- 4301 Wilson Blvd. Suite 200. Arlington, VA 22203
GIS Analyst for Natural Resources Conservation Service.
- Oregon State University, Dept. of Geosciences. 9/95 to 6/97
Wilkinson Hall 104. Corvallis, OR 97331
Teaching Assistant in Cartography, Air Photo Interpretation, and Remote Sensing.
- U.S. Forest Service, Siuslaw National Forest. 5/96 to 9/96
4077 SW Research Way. Corvallis, OR 97333
GIS Analyst researching the effectiveness of road stabilization projects.
- Village of Oak Park, Depts. of Engineering and Parking. 5/95 to 8/95
1 Village Hall Plaza. Oak Park, IL 60304
- Macalester College, Geography Dept. 9/93 to 5/95:
1600 Grand Ave. St. Paul, MN 55105
Lab Assistant and Teaching Assistant in Cartography and GIS.
Personnel Dept. (9/91 to 5/93) General office work.
- Ryder Student Transportation Services. 10/94 to 5/95
1102 N. Snelling Ave. St. Paul, MN 55104
- National Park Service, Mississippi National River and Recreation Area.
9/93 to 12/93, 9/94 to 12/94
175 E. 5th St. Suite 418 Box 41. St. Paul, MN 55101
- Plumley, Harriet; ed. 1997. "Assessment of the Effects of the 1996 Flood on the Siuslaw National Forest."
U.S. Dept. Of Agriculture, Siuslaw National Forest. Corvallis, OR.
- Lanegran, David; et. al. 1995. "The Avenue, 1995." The High Winds Fund. St. Paul, MN.
(Prepared by the Macalester College Urban Geography Field Seminar. This book is one of the primary sources for Grand Avenue: The Renaissance of an Urban Street).
Examples of my maps can be seen at the websites above, the White House, Wikipedia, the PBS program Beautiful Tennessee, the Trans-Siberian Railway Encyclopedia, and in the textbooks Soil Erosion and Corridor Ecology.
Back to Karl's home page.